Thursday, December 6, 2012

WHAT'S UP! 12.7.12

This week has been BUSY as weeks during December are for everyone. Our Avenues project is finishing up (although not as fast as I would like) and I am excited to show you the finished product. Here is a snapshot of the border listelle tile we did in the upstairs hall bath. We love the art-deco vintage vibe it has.


+ We have a new commercial project - a dentist office here in Salt Lake - this is going to be a really fun project. Our color inspiration is this fabulous photo that has made the rounds on Pinterest. What says "dentist office" better than a little mint and blue!! (don't worry, we won't decorate it so literally)



We are thinking of giving this blue leather sofa from Home Decorators a whirl in the space. It has good reviews online, but do any of you happen to own this sofa or have you heard how the quality is?




And of course, a great space isn't complete without a Hicks pendant from Circa Lighting!


+ I've been doing a little antique shopping with a client. It reminded me how much I truly do love antiques and how important I believe they are in a space. We found this beautiful Italian cabinet that I wanted for myself. (Restoration Hardware, eat your heart out! This is the real deal). I also found so many other great things. I have to stop myself every time I walk into one of these stores.

+ We finally got our home decorated for the holidays. It's not even close to being finished yet because I don't have garland for the mantels, etc., but here are a few pics of what my house looks like during December. (I apologize to my Instagram followers - a lot of repeats :)

BTW, I love this garland by Rifle Paper Co. You can make any holiday special with this customizable garland - "Happy Birthday" or I'm thinking of making permanent little name garlands in my girl's rooms. I can't get enough of this garland!


  
Do you think Mary and Joseph are Rodin fans?! 

 + And a big thank you to Little Green Notebook for our feature. And for every other blog or website who has featured us. It means a lot to us and we love to feature others on our blog as well, so please, if you have any project, room, DIY you would like to be featured, contact us!

+ And last, but not least, Design Dilemma has been a big success! We have had a lot of questions and even more answers. If you have anything design-related you have been wondering about - this is your perfect solution! Fill out the form today

And...that's what's up! Hope you all have a great weekend!

BTW, this sexy guy is turning 30 on Saturday so we will be celebrating downtown for a little weekend get-a-way in the city!


4 comments:

  1. you are really making me want to move to utah.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Marianne. I wanted to chime in about the Home Decorators sofa. I live in St. Louis and we happen to actually have an HD store- I think there are 2 of them, maybe? Anyway, I was just there, and I think for the price, the sofa is really great. I was trying to talk my husband into the chair + ottoman and he did really like it. Of course, it's not a $3000 Restoration Hardware sofa, but it is really nice for the price.
    Anyway, hope that helps! Have a great weekend. And also- your tree turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I also can add to the sofa experience. We bought the exact one in blue also. It isnt an heirloom but for the price it's a nice sofa. The leather feels strange, almost like pleather. I can't vouch for longevity as we've had it for about 6 months or so but it gets very minimal use. I do wonder how long it may last with heavy use or if at some point the leather may crack. I hope not though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...